JOB SUMMARY: In coordination with the Community Director and Service Manager the MAINTEANCE TECHNICIAN/PORTER primary responsibility is the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal. The MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/PORTER will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Service Manager. The MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/PORTER will contact a person of authority should any situation warrant an action or decision not included in his or her duties and responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA and Fair Housing, etc.
• Checks all exterior lighting and replaces when necessary.
• If pool certified, clean and maintain pool as directed.
• Constantly observes condition of property and immediately reports and/or initiates action to correct unsafe conditions.
• Physically walks the property on a frequent basis and removes litter, debris, cigarette butts and pet droppings from the grounds. It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times:
Management Office Dumpster Areas
Pool Area Recreation Areas
Laundry Room Grounds Adjacent to the road in front of office
Mail Rooms Walkways
Pathways to show units/models Exterior lighting fixtures
Stairways and breezeways Parking lots and drives
• Transfers trash outside the dumpsters into the dumpster. Pick up and sweep area.
• Details property on a regular basis. Use blower to keep sidewalks and parking lot clean.
• Be aware of all utility meter shut – offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs and sewer clean outs.
• Lends assistance during trash out of the apartment.
• Assists in changing or removing appliances from apartment.
• Assist maintenance with service requests if needed.
• Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
• Delivers notices to apartments.
• Ensures that storage areas are locked when not in use.
• Performs any additional duties assigned by the Service Manager, Community Manager or Property Supervisor.
Must meet all physical requirements and be able to take direction.
40 hours per week which may include weekends and holidays. Overtime must be approved by your supervisor prior to working over 40 hours.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) is spent on feet.
• Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform physical activities:
Bend/Stoop/Squat Pick up litter, perform routine maintenance repairs
Climb Stairs Service requests, make ready needs
Push and Pull Move equipment/appliances, open and close doors, cabinets
Reach Above Shoulders Routine maintenance, store/receive supplies or equipment
Climb Ladders Service requests, make ready needs
• Constant need to (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following activities:
Writing/Typing Inventory maintenance, requisition requests, service requests
Grasping/Turning Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance
Finger dexterity Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance
• Lifting/Carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.)
Over 150 lbs. Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
75lbs-150lbs Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
25lbs- 75lbs Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
1lbs-25lbs Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, etc.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to review manuals and operating instructions, read caution labels, respond to written instructions from staff. Constant need to see small details when performing routine maintenance.
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach (observe problems throughout the property).
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to receive instruction from management.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to verbally communicate with staff and residents.
• Occasional need (1%to 33% of the time) to transport parts and supplies around property.
• Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• Must be able to properly operate a golf cart.
• Outdoors (66% to 100% of the time); frequently outdoors, all conditions (33% to 66% of the time).
• Occasional exposure to caustics, solvents, oils, fumes, flammables, pesticides, etc. (1% to 33% of the time).
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to work in awkward and confining positions.