JOB SUMMARY: In coordination with the Community Director and Service Manager the MAINTEANCE TECHNICIAN/MAKE READY primary responsibility is to ensure that all vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to “market ready” status in a timely manner and according to Community Manager’s timetable. The MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/MAKE READY will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Service Manager. The MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/MAKE READY will contact a person of authority should any situation warrant an action or decision not included in his or her duties and responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA and Fair Housing, etc.
Routinely performs the following duties in order to restore the apartment to “make ready” status:
• Lends assistance during trash out of the apartment.
• Checks all lights and replaces when necessary.
• Replaces or repairs windows, screens, and hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, mirrors and interior and exterior doors and locks.
• Checks appliances and informs Service Manager of problems.
• Assists in changing or removing appliances from apartment.
• Makes keys when necessary and changes locks at time of move in.
• Checks all plumbing fixtures and repairs/replaces when necessary. Replaces washers when needed.
• Assists with painting duties when necessary, transfers paint from storage areas to apartments.
• Repairs or replaces mini blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
• Repairs holes in walls, paints as necessary.
• Changes a/c filters and informs Service Manager of any problems with operation.
• Be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and maintenance materials; weekly inform the Service Manager of shortages.
• Be aware of all utility meter shut – offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs and sewer clean outs.
• Assist maintenance with service requests if needed.
• Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
• Delivers notices to apartments.
• Ensures that storage areas are locked when not in use.
• Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps shovels as circumstances warrant.
• Performs any additional duties assigned by the Service Manager, Community Manager or Property Supervisor.
Position requires at least 1 years’ experience in property management or equivalent field.
40 hours per week which may include weekends and holidays. Overtime must be approved by your supervisor prior to working over 40 hours.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) is spent on feet.
• Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform physical activities:
Bend/Stoop/Squat Pick up litter, perform routine maintenance repairs
Climb Stairs Service requests, make ready needs
Push and Pull Move equipment/appliances, open and close doors, cabinets
Reach Above Shoulders Routine maintenance, store/receive supplies or equipment
Climb Ladders Service requests, make ready needs
• Constant need to (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following activities:
Writing/Typing Inventory maintenance, requisition requests, service requests
Grasping/Turning Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance
Finger dexterity Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance
• Lifting/Carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.)
Over 150 lbs. Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
75lbs-150lbs Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
25lbs- 75lbs Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
1lbs-25lbs Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is often accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, etc.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to document maintenance and complete forms, review manuals and operating instructions, read caution labels, respond to written instructions from staff and residents. Constant need to see small details when performing routine maintenance.
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach (observe problems throughout the property).
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to communicate with staff, vendors and residents. Must use listening skills to diagnose needed repairs, etc.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to verbally communicate with staff, vendors and residents.
• Occasional need (1%to 33% of the time) to transport parts and supplies to apartments.
• Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• Must be able to properly operate a golf cart.
• Indoors (66% to 100% of the time); frequently outdoors, all conditions (33% to 66% of the time).
• Occasional exposure to caustics, solvents, oils, fumes, flammables, pesticides, etc. (1% to 33% of the time).
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to work in awkward and confining positions.